TAKU’s strategic goals for the government programme 2023-27
TAKU's goals for the government programme 2023–2027 are published. The parliamentary election day is on 4th April 2023.
TAKU emphasizes the central role of arts and culture sector in society – but the organization wants to raise topics that concern the entire working life and the renewal of society at the same time.
Arts and culture sector needs reconstruction after the corona crisis, but the gaze must also be directed further into the future. Finland has a strong need to renew itself, and a strong cultural field provides a foundation for it.
TAKU's strategic Government Goals are:
1. Fair working life structures enable a sustainable and humane working life.
- Unemployment and social security must take different forms of work fairly into account.
- The promotion of salary transparency must be continued.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Law must take psychosocial stress and mental health into account.
2. The art, culture and event industry is a growth industry worth investing in.
- The share of funding for arts and culture in the state budget must be increased to 1 % at least.
- Support mechanisms that take into account the special features of the art, culture and event industry must be developed to support the growth of the industry.
- In a difficult economic situation, ticket sales for art and cultural events must be supported by a reduction in value added tax.
3. A successful society needs highly educated experts in the field of art and culture.
- Higher education in the fields of art and culture must be secured with stable funding.
- Investments must be made in study support services.
- Contiguous learning in work life must be supported by legislative changes.
Executive Director, Nea Leo, tel. +358 44 066 4800
Art and Culture Professionals’ Trade Union TAKU advocates arts, culture and event producer professionals work life. The organization has 3500 members and it includes in Akava Special Branches as well as Akava.