Join a group of over 3,500 art and culture professionals!
Art and Culture Professionals’ Trade Union TAKU not only offers its members support in all work situations but also a broad community of experts.
TAKU’s mission is to develop working life in the art and culture field, make the it more appreciated, and advocate for the good of the sector.
We are familiar with the many ways of doing work in the art and culture field and sector-related issues. Whether you are an employee, self-employed, run your own business or a little bit of all of them — we know your situation. You can join when you’re a student.
As a member, you have access to TAKU’s and our umbrella organization Akava Special Branches’ expert services for work-related conflicts, contracts, salary and career development. In addition, we offer free training, travel and leisure-time accident insurance, liability and legal expenses insurance, as well as numerous leisure and wellbeing benefits.
Unemployment Fund for Higher Educated Employees ERKO provides unemployment security for TAKU members. Membership of ERKO is included in the union membership fee.
You can join TAKU when you are studying for a degree related to the fields or you have a third-level degree in art and culture or work/have worked in a job in the sector.
As a member, you will get security for work situations and help increase our shared influence in the art and culture sector!
- Fill out the form on the Akava Special Branches website. Your membership of TAKU will begin on the day you submit your application unless you request a later start date.
- TAKU will send you an email confirming your membership once we have processed your application.
- You will receive your membership card in the post. It also serves as your insurance card, for example.
- As soon as you get your member number, you can use our member services, both offline and online.
Keep in mind:
If you are a salaried employee (or a student with taxable income), you should also join the Unemployment Fund for Higher Educated Employees ERKO. That way, your membership fee will include unemployment fund membership and give you the right to earnings-related unemployment benefit.
Are you transferring from another union, unemployment fund or Akava Special Branches member organization? Do as follows:
Changing union and unemployment fund is easy if you are employed:
- Fill in and send the TAKU member application.
- Wait for your acceptance email.
- Cancel your membership in your former union or unemployment fund. Your TAKU membership will start no later than the day following the cancellation.
We recommend timing the start of your membership at the beginning of the month to make calculating your membership fee as easy as possible.
Your membership fees must be paid in full to your previous union or unemployment fund when you cancel your membership there.
You can only change unemployment fund when you are employed. You cannot change your unemployment fund while unemployed or on childcare leave, but you can change your union and remain a member of your former unemployment fund until you return to work.